You’re a production sysadmin now. That comes with certain responsibilities. In
- Respect the user’s privacy, and look at only what you must.
- Think before you type.
- With great power comes great responsibility.
- Practice your changes on localhost first.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Always run your SQL queries in a transaction.
SELECT things, you, want FROM x; is generally better than
SELECT * FROM x;
when considering the user’s privacy.
- Share information on a need-to-know basis, both with people and with
- Avoid doing things that cannot be undone.