I would like to see more people writing about their passions and thoughts in a permanent and public medium. You should make a blog!
This is an open offer to pay anyone $20 for starting a tech blog and writing their first article. If you write another 3 articles within 6 months, I’ll give you another $20. You can also choose to have me donate your reward to one of the following charitable organizations:
Send me an email to claim your reward, with a link to your blog and PayPal information (or the charitable organization of your choice).
Notice: the budget for this initiative has been expended, and no new rewards are being issued.
- This offer is only available to people who do not already have a blog.
- You must publish on an open-source platform. Medium is not allowed. If you want a hosted platform, I recommend write.as. If you’re technical, you could build your own blog with Jekyll or Hugo. GitHub offers free hosting for Jekyll-based blogs.
- There’s no minimum word count, but put the effort in. Use exactly as many words are as necessary to make a substantive point, no fewer and no more.
- If you want someone to do an editorial review on your articles, feel free to email me the drafts for feedback. This offer is extended after your initial 4 posts and for anyone who already has a blog as well.
Join the Free Writers Club mailing list for updates, reminders to keep writing, and a forum for supporting each other’s work.
Read these blogs
Here’s a list of blogs which have taken me up on this offer:
- Ohryan on fediverse.blog
- Cole on fediverse.blog
- L. McNulty’s blog
- Thomas Dagenais’ Blog | i64.dev
- WritingGale’s Blog
- Alexander Pluhar
- Naz’s Notes
- Zack Lofgren
- Hallau World
- Joel’s Blog
- Tech Monk
- Stefan Schick’s personal Blog
- Axel Svensson